Jordan Abyad Fertilizers and Chemicals Company P.S.C (JAFCCO) was established in August 2007.
The new JAFCCO facilities are located in Al-Abyad area 120 km to the south of Amman with a project cost of 110 MUSD.
Production is expected to start in the 4th quarter of 2009. Products are:
- Sulphuric acid (H2SO4): 132 000 ton/yr.
- Hydrochloric acid (HCl): 100 000 ton/yr.
- Potassium sulphate (K2SO4 or SOP): 80 000 ton/yr.
- Di-calcium phosphate dihydrate (CaHPO2.2H4O or DCPD): 15 000 ton/yr.
- Triple super phosphate (CaH4(PO4)2.2H2O or TSP): 65 000 ton/yr.
- Calcium chloride (CaCl2): 77% concentration : 55 000 ton/yr.